BOARDING POLICIES & RATES
Rates Effective March 1, 2013
Luxury Boarding for Cats Only,
Located in Tampa Florida
We are proud of our facility and welcome your inspection at any time. Please inform us if you are not pleased with the way we care for your cat. Your satisfaction and your cat's well-being are our primary concerns.
In addition to providing luxury boarding services for cats only, we include the regular use of our indoor playground where your cat receives one-on-one attention from our daily playtime coordinator.
Kisses, petting, holding, and combing as well as our daily itinerary of playtime and treats are provided at no extra charge.
The Owner is asked to sign an Agreement acknowledging their acceptance of the above terms before their cat is boarded. This Agreement shall remain in effect for all future boardings unless superceded by a new written agreement with the same title.
- All cats must show proof of current immunization against rabies, feline distemper, rhinotracheitis, calici virus, pneumonitis, and leukemia prior to check-in or arrangements must be made in advance for immunization while boarding. A written letter signed by a veterinarian must be provided prior to boarding if a cat is medically excused from any of the above requirements.
- All cats must have had a fecal examination for internal parasites within the prior 12 months.
- All cats must be free of external parasites (fleas and ticks) when admitted for boarding; all cats must be treated within 21 days of boarding or at the time of boarding, regardless of whether an "indoor" or "outdoor" cat. The cost of flea treatment will be an added charge. See our Required Flea Treatment Policy for more information.
- We reserve the right to examine all cats, including without limitation, checking temperature, on admission and on the day of pick-up if for any reason we believe the cat is ill.
- Any cat that appears to require veterinary attention in our sole and absolute discretion will receive it at the owner's sole expense due upon demand (see Release). We reserve the right to use our "on call" veterinarians or the Florida Veterinarian Emergency Clinic.
- We offer "playtime" and will spend quality time playing with your cat(s) each day as time permits.
- We furnish all normal food, water and bedding. Should your cat have special needs, please bring this to our staff's attention upon check-in.
- Owner will, to the fullest extent permitted by law, protect, defend, indemnify and hold free and harmless Kitty City, its employees, agents and contractors from and against any and all demands, claims, causes of action, fines, penalties, damages (including direct, special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages), liabilities, judgments, and expenses (including without limitation attorneys' fees) incurred in connection with or arising from the boarding of cat(s), including but not limited to bodily injury of persons, death of persons or property damage. If any action or proceeding is brought against Kitty City, its employees, agents or contractors by reason of any such claim for which Owner has agreed to indemnify Kitty City, Owner, upon written notice from Kitty City, will defend the same at Owner's expense, with counsel reasonably satisfactory to Owner.
- All charges for boarding must be pre-paid under the following circumstances: (a) first time boarding; (b) indefinite boarding; (c) extension of original boarding agreement; or (d) under any other circumstances in the sole judgment of Kitty City.
- If your cat(s) is (are) not picked-up within 10 days after the date arranged, Kitty City the cat(s) shall be deemed abandoned, and at any time thereafter, Kitty City may take whatever action it deems appropriate, in its sole and absolute discretion, including without limitation, the placing of the cat(s) for adoption with another person.
- You will be fully responsible for any cost and charges, including without limitation, reasonable attorney's fees, incurred by Kitty City in the in connection with any interpretation, defense or enforcement of any matter arising out of or in connection with your cat's boarding. You hereby waive trial by jury of any and all issues so triable.
- It is expressly agreed that Kitty City, Inc., its employees, officers, agents and contractors shall in no event be liable for any amounts claimed by you or anyone else in excess of the lesser of (a) the value of a cat of the same species, or (b) the total sum of $200.00 for all cats boarded by you or anyone on your behalf. Under no circumstances shall Kitty City, its employees, officers, agents and contractors be liable for any amounts claimed by you or anyone else due to the effects of severe weather or other causes beyond Kitty City's reasonable control.
DESCRIPTION OF BOARDING RATES AND SERVICES
This condo is custom made and is four fee high by four feet deep by three feet across. It will accommodate one or two adult cats very comfortably and is furnished with beds, lambskin bed fillers or hand made knitted blankets, towels, toys, food and water dishes along with a standard litter box which is housed under a child size table. The table enables the cat(s) to be above the floor of the condo should they so desire with plenty of overhead space. We have 32 condos available. The price for a condo is $20.50 for one cat and $16.00 for each additional cat.
STANDARD CONDO #2:
The condo divider can be removed to make the condo double in space for families of two or more. If the divider is removed this becomes a Deluxe Condo and will accommodate up to a family of six cats depending on their size. The price for a Deluxe Condo is $24.00 for one cat, $16.00 for each additional cat up to six. If a single cat boards during our busy times of the year in a double, there will be a charge for both condos.
This condo is also custom made and is about the same size as the above single condo however, it has a bench that goes all the way across the condo for lounging instead of a table. All other amenities are the same price as a STANDARD CONDO. We have 8 of these condos available. This condo will accommodate up to two cats.
A Deluxe Condo is open on three sides and is larger than the standard condos. It will accommodate two to four cats very comfortable and we use bunk beds, blankets, tables, toys, as well as furnish platforms for the cats to perch on or sleep on. All four Deluxe Condos are located at the very front of the hotel where the cats have a view of the outside. The price of a Deluxe Condo is $24.00 for one cat, $16.00 for each additional cat up to four. The Deluxe Condo will not accommodate more than four cats.
Kitty City, Inc. reserves the right to relocate cats in connection with reservations of Deluxe, double or standard condos where a single cat is boarding or two cats from the same family are boarding who could board in a standard condo. Relocation can occur when, in Kitty City’s sole judgment and without prior notice to the client, it is necessary to:
EXTENDED STAY DISCOUNTS:
Boarding charges will reflect relocations made in accordance with the foregoing.
- separate family member cats who are boarding in the same condo if they do not appear compatible;
- implement the use of a double condo with a divider if it is necessary to protect our staff and/or the cat even if a standard condo was initially reserved;
- emergency or other unexpected event occurs which requires another cat to board beyond the end of its reservation. These events are unlikely, however, they can occur during our very busiest times of the year; and
- accommodate any other type of event in which relocation is deemed necessary.
29 to 60 days - $1.00 discount per cat per day
WASTE DISPOSAL FEE:
61 or more days - $2.00 discount per cat per day
$5.95 per cat.
WHAT WE FURNISH FOR OUR BOARDING PRICES AT NO EXTRA CHARGE:
WHAT WE DO FOR A NOMINAL ADDITIONAL CHARGE:
- Two periods of play and or cuddle time per day, minimum, cat receptive and time permitting
- Nail trimming if the cat will allow it
- Radio and television at various times of day or evening
- Premium dry cat food served according to your feeding times
- Free administration of non-prescription medication in food
- Eye and ear cleaning if the cat will allow it
- Brushing of all cats including long and short hair if the cat will allow it
- Treats such as Pounce or Whiskers, or water packed tuna and cat nip
- Bottled water
- Clumping or regular unscented litter
- Administer prescription medications up to two medications twice a day for a daily fee of $4.00. Each additional medication is $1.00
- Insulin injections $3.00 each injection (does not include blood work)
- Sub Cue Fluids for $15.00 each application, client provides fluids
- Transport to and from Vet Non Emergency $25.00 each way. Emergency transport $45.00 and up based on time required
- Transport to and from your home (price quoted on distance and time)
- Non-Business Hour * check-in and check-out available 365 days a year by prearranged appointments only. Fees are: $45.00 during daylight hours, $55.00 after dark. We will not wait beyond 15 minutes from the appointed time.
- Relocation services are quoted on an individual basis and are based on cost such as fuel, airline tickets, expenses and actual time involved. We do not send cats by cargo. We personally hand carry all cats.
- Please ask about our Pet Taxi Service and our Relocation Service
In order to keep our rates as low as possible, we accept personal checks, business checks and cash only. We do not accept credit or debit cards.
Monday & Friday|
8:30am - 12:00|
2:00pm - 6:00
Tuesday & Thursday|
8:30am - 12:00|
2:00pm - 5:00
Wednesday & Saturday||
8:30am - 12:00|
Closed Sundays & All Holidays.
If you require a different schedule than above, it must be approved in advance for availability. Due to the nature of our job, however, we are here 365 days a year. Due to our commitment to your cats, we must schedule appointments and also schedule some time for ourselves. Therefore, we do not schedule check-outs and check-ins when we are here to feed and care for your cat during closed hours. We are here to provide quality time for the cats boarding with us and to attend to their needs. If our staff is interrupted, they can not accomplish their tasks and also have time off for themselves.
Non-Business Hours require an additional fee $45.00 during daylight hours and $55.00 after dark. We reserve the right to schedule these appointments at our convenience. We will not wait beyond 15 minutes from the appointed time.
*During the following Holidays our Non-Business Hour Check-Out Fees are as follows:
July 2, 3, 4, 5, a non-business hour check-out will be $90.00
THIS ADDITIONAL FEE DOES NOT APPLY TO CHECK-OUTS DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS ON HOLIDAYS.
December 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 30, 31 a non-business hour check-out will be $90.00
January 1, 2, 3 a non-business hour check-out will be $90.00
NOTICE: KITTY CITY VACATION - JANUARY 8 to 15, 2014
Kitty City will be closed 01/08/14 - 01/15/14 for VACATION.
If you need a hotel reservation, please call the office and leave a message.
Email not checked those dates.
Kitty City's hours vary during the slow months of January, February & March, so please call the office first to learn what the daily hours are and to schedule an appointment.